Founded in 1974, the Scottish Potters Association (SPA) is a charity (SCIO) which aims to promote all aspects of hand made pottery and ceramics in Scotland. Linking Scotland’s geographically remote potters it offers a source of information and advice on everything connected to clay.
Positive benefits to members include:
- Access to annual residential weekend with national and international guest demonstrators and lecturers
- Regular workshops
- Regular opportunities to network with other Scottish potters
- Illustrated quarterly newsletter with free advertising for members
- Annual members’ exhibition(s)
- Access to the Members' only area of the website
- Your own profile page on our website, use of which is entirely optional.
Senior Citizen (65+) £22
Student (full time ceramics course) £0
Overseas: Individual £44
Fees from 1st August 2019 until the renewal date on 1st February 2020 are 50% of the above prices.
Register with the SPA Online
The new Ceramics Gallery is now open at the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh. Situated next to the Balcony Café, this new gallery gi Full Story...
There are still a few spaces left for the Niek Hoogland workshop being held in central Glasgow (near the Royal Infirmary) on Saturday 15th and Sunday Full Story...
The Scottish Potters Association is delighted to hear that a 3rd series of the Great Pottery Throwdown will soon be appearing on our screens. We recei Full Story...
Scottish Potters Association was approached by a casting producer looking for potters who might be interested in the following opportunity. If anyone Full Story...
This company organises Japan Ceramic Tours and has been doing so for a number of years. Full details of their tour can be found here:&nbs Full Story...
The Cultural Enterprise Office has announced that their Design Your Practice programme is back for 2019, and this year they’ve extended it Full Story...