The individual member is entitled to all SPA rights for the duration of their annual subscription:
- To receive the SPA newsletter and other offers provided from time to time;
- To vote at the AGM held at Kindrogan;
- To access the member’s section of the SPA website to enter details of work on the web;
- To attend workshops and Kindrogan (first come first served basis);
- To obtain discount at certain suppliers subject to submission of SPA membership number;
- To submit work to open and selected SPA exhibitions. The number of pieces allowed will be subject to venue requirements as provided on the exhibition application form.
Family membership entitles two named individuals from the same household to the equivalent of two individual members rights outlined above. This membership also allows an individual to bring his or her partner to SPA functions.
A Senior Citizen has full individual member rights and must be 65 or over when joining or renewing membership.
Workshop membership is for a pottery or any ceramic associated organisation with multiple personnel operating from a single address. It entitles two named members to the equivalent of two individual members rights for (1) to (6) above. All other associated workshop members must be listed on the annual renewal subscription form and changes notified to the membership secretary to obtain benefit of the SPA events:
- They can attend workshops and Kindrogan (subject to availability);
- The total allocation of exhibition pieces for all named workshop members will be equivalent to the venue allocation for two individual members. The maximum number of pieces an individual workshop member can submit will be the individual member allocation defined in (6) above;
- They are entitled to two entries on the SPA website.
A Workshop Membership will sponsor an Apprentice. It will provide the apprentice with individual member rights.
Student Membership is equivalent to individual membership. This category is free for the duration of a full time certified ceramics course, a fine art/art & design course part of which includes ceramics or other full time course approved by the SPA committee and subject to providing a photocopy of their matriculation card or a letter from a tutor confirming full time status. These documents must be submitted with each annual subscription application. As student membership is subsidised by other SPA members they are expected to contribute to the SPA newsletter (articles, reviews etc.) or help out at events if so requested.
Overseas Membership is welcomed for Individuals and Workshops and will receive similar rights to Individual and Workshops stated above. (Concessions: Student and Senior Citizen categories are not available for Overseas members)
Developing a Studio Practice Closing date: 15 Mar 2019 Artists and designers are invited to participate in this week intensive course that will Full Story...
Craft Scotland Opportunities Exhibit & Sell at Scotland's Trade Fair Closing date: Rolling deadline Craft Scotland and Springboard E Full Story...
Compass: Established Maker (Rolling programme) Closing date: TBC Are you looking to take your craft business to the next level? Receive 1: Full Story...
Craft Bursaries Closing date: 4 Mar 2019 Inches Carr are offering three Craft Bursaries of £5000 for established makers who have bee Full Story...
Following swiftly on from our Arts Council funding grant which culminated earlier this year with our successful 2-day international conference, Restat Full Story...
Scotclay will sadly be ceasing business in the near future. Selling off all products including raw material, clay bodies, ancillaries and Full Story...