The individual member is entitled to all SPA rights for the duration of their annual subscription:
- To receive the SPA newsletter and other offers provided from time to time;
- To vote at the AGM held at Kindrogan;
- To access the member’s section of the SPA website to enter details of work on the web;
- To attend workshops and Kindrogan (first come first served basis);
- To obtain discount at certain suppliers subject to submission of SPA membership number;
- To submit work to open and selected SPA exhibitions. The number of pieces allowed will be subject to venue requirements as provided on the exhibition application form.
Family membership entitles two named individuals from the same household to the equivalent of two individual members rights outlined above. This membership also allows an individual to bring his or her partner to SPA functions.
A Senior Citizen has full individual member rights and must be 65 or over when joining or renewing membership.
Workshop membership is for a pottery or any ceramic associated organisation with multiple personnel operating from a single address. It entitles two named members to the equivalent of two individual members rights for (1) to (6) above. All other associated workshop members must be listed on the annual renewal subscription form and changes notified to the membership secretary to obtain benefit of the SPA events:
- They can attend workshops and Kindrogan (subject to availability);
- The total allocation of exhibition pieces for all named workshop members will be equivalent to the venue allocation for two individual members. The maximum number of pieces an individual workshop member can submit will be the individual member allocation defined in (6) above;
- They are entitled to two entries on the SPA website.
A Workshop Membership will sponsor an Apprentice. It will provide the apprentice with individual member rights.
Student Membership is equivalent to individual membership. This category is free for the duration of a full time certified ceramics course, a fine art/art & design course part of which includes ceramics or other full time course approved by the SPA committee and subject to providing a photocopy of their matriculation card or a letter from a tutor confirming full time status. These documents must be submitted with each annual subscription application. As student membership is subsidised by other SPA members they are expected to contribute to the SPA newsletter (articles, reviews etc.) or help out at events if so requested.
Overseas Membership is welcomed for Individuals and Workshops and will receive similar rights to Individual and Workshops stated above. (Concessions: Student and Senior Citizen categories are not available for Overseas members)
/userfiles/file/downloads/opportunities/pottery-workshop-and-tour-in-france-july-2018.pdf Are you looking for a creative break that combines clay e Full Story...
Please see the below event that you may be interested in To coincide with the launch of our new Ballantyne Collection catalogue and the Ballantyne Full Story...
SPA workshop on glaze and clay making at The Bield at Blackruthven, Perth With Alan Freestone: 21-22nd April 2018 10-4pm Saturday 21st Full Story...
Opportunity for funded PhD research studentships at the University of Westminster. Closing date 16th Feb 2018 https://www.westminster.ac.uk/study/p Full Story...