The individual member is entitled to all SPA rights for the duration of their annual subscription:
- To receive the SPA newsletter and other offers provided from time to time;
- To vote at the AGM held at Kindrogan;
- To access the member’s section of the SPA website to enter details of work on the web;
- To attend workshops and Kindrogan (first come first served basis);
- To obtain discount at certain suppliers subject to submission of SPA membership number;
- To submit work to open and selected SPA exhibitions. The number of pieces allowed will be subject to venue requirements as provided on the exhibition application form.
Family membership entitles two named individuals from the same household to the equivalent of two individual members rights outlined above. This membership also allows an individual to bring his or her partner to SPA functions.
A Senior Citizen has full individual member rights and must be 65 or over when joining or renewing membership.
Workshop membership is for a pottery or any ceramic associated organisation with multiple personnel operating from a single address. It entitles two named members to the equivalent of two individual members rights for (1) to (6) above. All other associated workshop members must be listed on the annual renewal subscription form and changes notified to the membership secretary to obtain benefit of the SPA events:
- They can attend workshops and Kindrogan (subject to availability);
- The total allocation of exhibition pieces for all named workshop members will be equivalent to the venue allocation for two individual members. The maximum number of pieces an individual workshop member can submit will be the individual member allocation defined in (6) above;
- They are entitled to two entries on the SPA website.
A Workshop Membership will sponsor an Apprentice. It will provide the apprentice with individual member rights.
Student Membership is equivalent to individual membership. This category is free for the duration of a full time certified ceramics course, a fine art/art & design course part of which includes ceramics or other full time course approved by the SPA committee and subject to providing a photocopy of their matriculation card or a letter from a tutor confirming full time status. These documents must be submitted with each annual subscription application. As student membership is subsidised by other SPA members they are expected to contribute to the SPA newsletter (articles, reviews etc.) or help out at events if so requested.
Overseas Membership is welcomed for Individuals and Workshops and will receive similar rights to Individual and Workshops stated above. (Concessions: Student and Senior Citizen categories are not available for Overseas members)
Niek Hoogland Workshop 15th & 16th June 2019 at WASPS Glasgow Ceramics Studio, Hanson Street, Glasgow. http://www.facebook.com/pottenbakkerijho Full Story...
Marcia Selsor HANDS ON Workshop 18th & 19th May 2019, 10am - 5pm. Alternative Firing Processes: Obvara, Foil Saggar, Ceramic Saggar, Horsehair Full Story...
SPA Open Exhibition at the Milton Gallery near Banchory, Aberdeenshire 13 th April-19 th May 2019 The Milton has offered to host and curate another Full Story...
Learn...be inspired...STOCK UP! Take advantage of discounts, special offers and clearance on a whole host of products. Scroll down for a hint of wh Full Story...
We hope you’re still considering joining us for a Pottery Course during 2019. Full details including course content, fees and how to book are av Full Story...
Your committee is pleased to ANNOUNCE: THE SCOTTISH POTTERS ASSOCIATION IS NOW A CHARITY (SCIO) At the March 2018 AGM it was proposed that the S Full Story...