The individual member is entitled to all SPA rights for the duration of their annual subscription:
- To receive the SPA newsletter and other offers provided from time to time;
- To vote at the AGM held at Kindrogan;
- To access the member’s section of the SPA website to enter details of work on the web;
- To attend workshops and Kindrogan (first come first served basis);
- To obtain discount at certain suppliers subject to submission of SPA membership number;
- To submit work to open and selected SPA exhibitions. The number of pieces allowed will be subject to venue requirements as provided on the exhibition application form.
Family membership entitles two named individuals from the same household to the equivalent of two individual members rights outlined above. This membership also allows an individual to bring his or her partner to SPA functions.
A Senior Citizen has full individual member rights and must be 65 or over when joining or renewing membership.
Workshop membership is for a pottery or any ceramic associated organisation with multiple personnel operating from a single address. It entitles two named members to the equivalent of two individual members rights for (1) to (6) above. All other associated workshop members must be listed on the annual renewal subscription form and changes notified to the membership secretary to obtain benefit of the SPA events:
- They can attend workshops and Kindrogan (subject to availability);
- The total allocation of exhibition pieces for all named workshop members will be equivalent to the venue allocation for two individual members. The maximum number of pieces an individual workshop member can submit will be the individual member allocation defined in (6) above;
- They are entitled to two entries on the SPA website.
A Workshop Membership will sponsor an Apprentice. It will provide the apprentice with individual member rights.
Student Membership is equivalent to individual membership. This category is free for the duration of a full time certified ceramics course, a fine art/art & design course part of which includes ceramics or other full time course approved by the SPA committee and subject to providing a photocopy of their matriculation card or a letter from a tutor confirming full time status. These documents must be submitted with each annual subscription application. As student membership is subsidised by other SPA members they are expected to contribute to the SPA newsletter (articles, reviews etc.) or help out at events if so requested.
Overseas Membership is welcomed for Individuals and Workshops and will receive similar rights to Individual and Workshops stated above. (Concessions: Student and Senior Citizen categories are not available for Overseas members)
Textures of the Land Patricia Shone 04 Jan 2020 - 01 Feb 2020 Working from the Isle of Skye for the past 25 years, Patricia Shone h Full Story...
After months of hard work, Bath Potters are delighted to officially announce the launch of their new website, on the 10th of December 2019. Full Story...
Flying the Scottish Potters flag while meeting First Minister at Creative Stirling this week was our very own membership secretary Kathleen Morrison Full Story...
The John Byrne Award is an online exhibition, competition, and community, welcoming people who seek a deeper understanding of the values that drive ou Full Story...
APPLY NOW for Earth & Fire 2020 Earth & Fire Ceramic Fair will take place at the Harley Gallery, Welbeck, Nottinghamshire on 26,27 & Full Story...
An exhibition feautring 6 amazing female potters is currently running at Resipole Studios Fine Art Gallery beside Loch Sunart. See our events page for Full Story...