DAS Bursary for Study visit!
DAS Bursary for Study Visit to Budapest and Pécs, 13th to 19th May, 2018
The focus of this study visit is the ceramics of the Zsolnay ceramic factory established in Pécs in 1853 and famous for its porcelains, stoneware and interior and exterior tiles. In Budapest we hope to visit the Decorative Arts Museum with its Znolnay roof but this may not be possible as it is currently closed for renovation. However, the city has many other artistic delights. There will be visits to Gödöllö which between 1901 and 1920 was home to the only organized artistic colony in the period, Kecskemét with its important Jugendstil interiors of the 1890s, and the paprika town of Szeged with its eclectic buildings. Pécs, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is the ideal place to study the output of the Zsolnay ceramic factory with its museum and many 19th century buildings with architectural ceramics.
The award is intended to cover a substantial proportion of the costs of the study visit including accommodation during the visit and travel to and from Budapest but the successful applicant may need to find some limited incidental expenditure on meals not provided.
If awarded a grant by the Society the applicant would be expected to provide an article for the DAS Newsletter describing the trip, and a longer record of events which is made available to participants. They would also need to take on a personal membership of the DAS for year (discounted fro members of the Society of Decorative Arts Curators).
For details on how to apply see the DAS website (decorativeartssociety.org.uk). The closing date for applications is 1st January 2018.
- 2018-02-03 MoKa Pottery presents Jeremy Randall 5th May
- 2018-01-28 PhD Research - Media, Arts and Design (WSMAD) September 2018
- 2018-01-28 Future Lights Ceramics Competition!
- 2018-01-28 Restating Clay Conference 13 March 18
- 2018-01-28 Phd Opportunity at Ulster!
- 2018-01-24 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Roger Lewis
- 2018-01-24 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Katharina Klug
- 2018-01-24 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Annie Peaker
- 2018-01-22 Last call for The Spring Workshop, Tulliallan
- 2017-12-20 Craft Scotland Opportunities!