Patricia Shone Exhibition
Textures of the Land
04 Jan 2020 - 01 Feb 2020
Working from the Isle of Skye for the past 25 years, Patricia Shone has developed her practise using techniques of texturing and stretching clay. Textures of the Land features new work in the Erosion Series and is a culmination of the development of Patricia’s very particular making methods, including all three of her firing processes: raku, charcoal saggar and wood firing.
Patricia was awarded the Craft Pottery Charitable Trust Emmanuel Cooper Prize in 2019 and her work is held in public collections including the Victoria and Albert Museum, London and the Ceramini Contemporary Ceramics Museum, Turkey.
‘My work is an expression of the continual journey towards understanding my place in life. I can’t separate it from my experience of living in this landscape or from the path that brought me here.’ Patricia Shone.
Monday-Friday: 10am - 6pm
Saturday: 10am - 4pm
The Scottish Gallery
16 Dundas Street
Edinburgh EH3 6HZ
T: 0131 558 1200
F: 0131 558 3900
- 2020-01-15 Patricia Shone Exhibition
- 2019-12-16 Bath Potters New Website
- 2019-11-01 Flying the flag for the SPA
- 2019-11-01 John Byrne Award
- 2019-11-01 Earth & Fire 2020 Applications
- 2019-09-13 Ways of Being Exhibition
- 2019-09-12 MAKE - A Collective
- 2019-09-11 September Courses at Potclays
- 2019-09-08 SPA Newsletters
- 2019-09-07 Julian Jardine Workshop - Last Few Places