Graduate placements at Cyan Clayworks
SPA member Cyan Clayworks CIC is a not-for-profit organisation based in Edinburgh, established in 2012 by ceramic artists Fiona Thompson and Chris Donnelly. It is a creative educational hub for ceramics, providing workspace for Fiona and Chris, scheduled courses, and other ceramic related activities. There is workspace and project support for professional artists, student project support and temporary studio hire.
The studio was recently awarded funding through Creative Scotland which will enable an exciting new phase of growth and development. Part of the funding will be allocated for equipment; and part for hosting an international guest artist (in 2016) as a pilot scheme. And as the third part of the project (and the first stage), the studio intends to offer structured placements for recent arts graduates.
Despite the lack of specialist ceramic degree courses in Scotland, numerous students have come to the studio keen to work with clay; from across disciplines such as Sculpture, Product Design, Textiles and Illustration. This was either as a placement, internship, a scheduled course, or to develop a project for assessment.
Cyan Clayworks aims to support diverse ceramic practice, cross disciplinary approaches, and to encourage the next generation of artists or designers. It is hoped that by providing structured placements for motivated individuals it will enable them to ramp up their knowledge and skills ready to launch their own practice. There will be three placements over the next 15 months at the studio. This will include: space to make work; assisting with practical studio tasks; advice and mentoring. Each placement will be for a set number of hours and weeks.
To receive an emailed application pack, please contact Fiona email@example.com with the email title ‘Graduate Placement Application May15’. For more information visit the Cyan Clayworks website
- 2018-02-03 MoKa Pottery presents Jeremy Randall 5th May
- 2018-01-28 PhD Research - Media, Arts and Design (WSMAD) September 2018
- 2018-01-28 Future Lights Ceramics Competition!
- 2018-01-28 Restating Clay Conference 13 March 18
- 2018-01-28 Phd Opportunity at Ulster!
- 2018-01-24 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Roger Lewis
- 2018-01-24 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Katharina Klug
- 2018-01-24 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Annie Peaker
- 2018-01-22 Last call for The Spring Workshop, Tulliallan
- 2017-12-20 Craft Scotland Opportunities!