Graduate placements at Cyan Clayworks
SPA member Cyan Clayworks CIC is a not-for-profit organisation based in Edinburgh, established in 2012 by ceramic artists Fiona Thompson and Chris Donnelly. It is a creative educational hub for ceramics, providing workspace for Fiona and Chris, scheduled courses, and other ceramic related activities. There is workspace and project support for professional artists, student project support and temporary studio hire.
The studio was recently awarded funding through Creative Scotland which will enable an exciting new phase of growth and development. Part of the funding will be allocated for equipment; and part for hosting an international guest artist (in 2016) as a pilot scheme. And as the third part of the project (and the first stage), the studio intends to offer structured placements for recent arts graduates.
Despite the lack of specialist ceramic degree courses in Scotland, numerous students have come to the studio keen to work with clay; from across disciplines such as Sculpture, Product Design, Textiles and Illustration. This was either as a placement, internship, a scheduled course, or to develop a project for assessment.
Cyan Clayworks aims to support diverse ceramic practice, cross disciplinary approaches, and to encourage the next generation of artists or designers. It is hoped that by providing structured placements for motivated individuals it will enable them to ramp up their knowledge and skills ready to launch their own practice. There will be three placements over the next 15 months at the studio. This will include: space to make work; assisting with practical studio tasks; advice and mentoring. Each placement will be for a set number of hours and weeks.
To receive an emailed application pack, please contact Fiona firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title ‘Graduate Placement Application May15’. For more information visit the Cyan Clayworks website
- 2017-11-13 SPACE TO GROW EXHIBITION OPPORTUNITY!
- 2017-11-13 DAS Bursary for Study visit!
- 2017-09-06 Opening Up, Moving In, Moving On
- 2017-09-06 Pots in the Byre
- 2017-05-13 UPDATE - Applications due for Milton Gallery 'Still Life' Exhibition Sep17
- 2017-04-10 Marcia Selsor alternative firing workshop at La Meridiana
- 2017-03-06 Annual General Meeting
- 2016-11-06 Support the Anne Lightwood memorial garden
- 2016-11-03 Woman’s Hour Craft Prize 2017
- 2016-09-29 Apply for Visual Arts Scotland Open exhibition