British Studio Pottery Marks Book to be updated
In 1999 A C & Black published the first edition of the Robert Fournier and Eric Yates-Owen British Studio Potters’ Marks book. It was the result of many years of work and was welcomed by potters, collectors and dealers alike.
The book contains representations of potters’ marks/signatures alongside the potter’s name, workshop history and a brief description of their work.
Sadly both Robert Fournier and Eric Yates Owen have died and I assumed that the book would no longer be updated. However, after a rather bizarre chain of events earlier in the year I was asked by Bloomsbury publishing if I would consider revising and updating the book. After serious consideration I decided to take the task on.
I’m currently in the process of updating the content and adding new content so that a third edition can be published.
• If you’re currently featured in the book and have not heard from me please contact me
• If you’re a professional potter who is not currently featured but would like to be included please get in touch
All potters new to the book are required to complete a brief form allowing the publisher permission to use their details.
When initially contacting me please do not send any information other than your name and contact details. I will then be in touch with instructions.
I’m hugely passionate about ceramics and this project. The original authors did such a wonderful job. I only hope I can do them, you and the book justice.
Please get in touch no later than 12 noon on 30 June 2013.
I very much look forward to hearing from you.
- 2018-02-03 MoKa Pottery presents Jeremy Randall 5th May
- 2018-01-28 PhD Research - Media, Arts and Design (WSMAD) September 2018
- 2018-01-28 Future Lights Ceramics Competition!
- 2018-01-28 Restating Clay Conference 13 March 18
- 2018-01-28 Phd Opportunity at Ulster!
- 2018-01-24 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Roger Lewis
- 2018-01-24 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Katharina Klug
- 2018-01-24 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Annie Peaker
- 2018-01-22 Last call for The Spring Workshop, Tulliallan
- 2017-12-20 Craft Scotland Opportunities!