Kindrogan 2014 SPA Spring Weekend Workshop
Friday 14th to Sunday, 16th March 2014.
Kindrogan Field Centre Enochdhu, by Pitlochry.
Your demonstrators for this year's Kindrogan weekend are:
The theme for the ceilidh and the Kindrogan Prize is “Evolution” to be interpreted as you wish. Don't be afraid to enter a piece of your work into the competition - it doesn't matter if you're a hobby potter or a professional, this competition is open to everyone!
New member? Never been to Kindrogan before?
If you have never been to a Kindrogan weekend before, and perhaps don't know any of the other members, we will have a 'Meet and Greet' session from 4pm til 6pm on Friday night. This will take place in the ground floor lounge, right next to the reception. You will be met by members of the committee who will answer any questions you may have, and also help you find your way around the centre, so you know where to go to find the various demonstration rooms, suppliers, dining room, and most importantly - the bar!
We are looking for a few volunteers to help our demonstrators during the weekend. If you know which demonstrator you're definitely wanting to see, this might be a good opportunity to get to know them a bit better, and to assist during the workshop. The tasks can be anything from fetching cups of tea, to helping with preparing materials and setting up/tidying up after the demonstrations. We are not asking anyone to commit to volunteering for two whole days, but to take turns doing a rota, so you will still be able to see the other demonstrators, and won't be missing out on anything! Please contact the committee if you'd like to help out.
Your suppliers for this weekend will be:
Scotclay: Alan Freestone and Kath Gibson - are happy to take advance orders for collection at Kindrogan. Please visit the website at www.scotclay.co.uk, choosing ‘in store pickup’ and add a message to let them know you would like your order brought to Kindrogan. Alternatively, you can call on 01764 670629 if you would like to discuss any of your requirements. They will not be bringing basic raw materials such as Flint, Feldspar, etc, so if anyone would like any of these materials, it is essential that these are ordered well in advance to be brought to Kindrogan as a pre-order.
Scotclay will be running a special SPA Kindrogan offer of 15% off (excluding books) between now and the end of March for SPA members and this can also be applied on the website with the code KINDROG14 . Books will already be discounted by 20% off RRP and so are excluded from the 15% offer.
Sedgefield Pottery Supplies: William Todd - email@example.com, telephone 01740 621998 or 07525 901845. He will bring the usual tools/equipment and a range of oxides and colours. If anyone would like him to bring clay, raw materials or any other bulky items please let him know in advance - for prices see www.sedgefieldpottery.co.uk. Also any specialist items from Potclays and Potterycrafts, but please give him as much notice as possible. He has some used items for sale that you may be interested in:
• Vertical pugmill 3" (240v single phase) (£800)
• Horizontal pugmill 3" (240v single phase) (£400)
• Wet-back spray booths (2) (240v single phase) (£800 and £700)
• Small compressor and spraygun (240v single phase) (£45)
Unfortunately, Alisdair Kettles will not be at Kindrogan this year.
Check list for the weekend:
In addition to your own clothes etc that you'll bring to the weekend anyway, here's a list of things you might want to bring:
Ceramic work for:
- Mug for the mug swap
- Examples of your work for the members' exhibition area
- A piece of work for the Kindrogan Award competition
- Bisc fired work for raku/alternative firing
- A piece to enter into the 4x4x4 exhibition at the Barony this summer
- Any materials or equipment you may have for the Sales & Wants area.
- A contribution to the raffle,
- Cash or cheque book for purchasing work, equipment or materials.
- Nominations for the committee - there are several positions becoming available this year.
- Fancy dress for the ceilidh on Saturday night.
- Hot water bottle/electric blanket or extra blanket, as some people fins some of the rooms a bit cold.
- A camera!
We are looking forward to seeing you at Kindrogan, for a fabulous weekend full of pottery fun!
- 2017-12-04 Summer Ceramic Jobs in Maine!
- 2017-11-13 SPACE TO GROW EXHIBITION OPPORTUNITY!
- 2017-11-13 DAS Bursary for Study visit!
- 2017-09-06 Opening Up, Moving In, Moving On
- 2017-09-06 Pots in the Byre
- 2017-05-13 UPDATE - Applications due for Milton Gallery 'Still Life' Exhibition Sep17
- 2017-04-10 Marcia Selsor alternative firing workshop at La Meridiana
- 2017-03-06 Annual General Meeting
- 2016-11-06 Support the Anne Lightwood memorial garden
- 2016-11-03 Woman’s Hour Craft Prize 2017