Apply to be an apprentice to Clare Twomey
Time Present and Time Past
Until 18 September 2016
Open Wednesday to Sunday, 10am - 5pm; free
Ceramicist Clare Twomey is transforming the William Morris gallery into a live studio, where members of the public will work as apprentices on a William Morris-inspired tile panel; an ambitious installation that will bring his ideas to life.
Twomey is planning to create a vast tile panel embellished with Chrysanthemum, one of William Morris’s most compelling and intricate designs. Over 68 days, 68 volunteer apprentices will work on the piece. Every day, a new apprentice will work alongside a skilled master painter, slowly transforming the tiles from one state of beauty to another. Visitors will be able to watch this process slowly unfold.
Would you like to be an apprentice?
Anyone aged 16 or over can enter the ballot to become an apprentice for the day. You don’t have to have any experience in painting or working with ceramics, instead you will be trained on the job by one of Twomey's master painters. For more details visit: http://www.wmgallery.org.uk/whats-on/exhibitions-43/clare-twomey/
- 2018-02-03 MoKa Pottery presents Jeremy Randall 5th May
- 2018-01-28 PhD Research - Media, Arts and Design (WSMAD) September 2018
- 2018-01-28 Future Lights Ceramics Competition!
- 2018-01-28 Restating Clay Conference 13 March 18
- 2018-01-28 Phd Opportunity at Ulster!
- 2018-01-24 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Roger Lewis
- 2018-01-24 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Katharina Klug
- 2018-01-24 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Annie Peaker
- 2018-01-22 Last call for The Spring Workshop, Tulliallan
- 2017-12-20 Craft Scotland Opportunities!