Apply to be an apprentice to Clare Twomey
Time Present and Time Past
Until 18 September 2016
Open Wednesday to Sunday, 10am - 5pm; free
Ceramicist Clare Twomey is transforming the William Morris gallery into a live studio, where members of the public will work as apprentices on a William Morris-inspired tile panel; an ambitious installation that will bring his ideas to life.
Twomey is planning to create a vast tile panel embellished with Chrysanthemum, one of William Morris’s most compelling and intricate designs. Over 68 days, 68 volunteer apprentices will work on the piece. Every day, a new apprentice will work alongside a skilled master painter, slowly transforming the tiles from one state of beauty to another. Visitors will be able to watch this process slowly unfold.
Would you like to be an apprentice?
Anyone aged 16 or over can enter the ballot to become an apprentice for the day. You don’t have to have any experience in painting or working with ceramics, instead you will be trained on the job by one of Twomey's master painters. For more details visit: http://www.wmgallery.org.uk/whats-on/exhibitions-43/clare-twomey/
- 2018-12-13 Developing a studio practice
- 2018-12-13 Craft Scotland Opportunities
- 2018-12-13 Established Maker Programme
- 2018-12-13 Apply for a craft bursary!
- 2018-12-13 Register as an expert with the Contemporary Studio Ceramics SSN
- 2018-12-06 Scotclay final clearance sale
- 2018-12-05 Change in your Hands
- 2018-10-25 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Stuart Whatley
- 2018-10-25 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Zahed Taj-Eddin
- 2018-10-25 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Peter Hayes