Future Lights Ceramics Competition!
“The Future Lights competition is designed to build new bridges and provide a platform for recent graduates to further their careers.”
Wilhelm Siemen, Director, Porzellanikon
Future Lights is an annual competition for people in the early stages of a career in ceramics. The aims of the competition are to
Encourage cross-disciplinary learning and approaches by bringing together the ceramic designers, art historians, researchers, makers and artists of the future
Support people in the early stages of a career in ceramics by exhibiting their work at high profile ceramics exhibitions across Europe
Promote ceramics to a younger audience, though identifying potential ambassadors
The competition is run by Porzellanikon and co-organised by Staffordshire University, the Design and Craft Council of Irelandand the British Ceramics Biennial. Each year, recent graduates from across Europe are invited to apply to Porzellanikon, setting out their experience and responding to the year’s theme.
In 2018, the Future Lights theme is:
"Go green – Ceramics and the Environment."
For full detailsplease visittheir website at http://futurelights.ceramicsanditsdimensions.eu/
Apply by 31st March 2018
- 2019-02-06 Niek Hoogland Workshop!
- 2019-02-06 Marcia Selsor Workshop!
- 2019-02-01 Entries now being taken for the SPA Open Exhibition!
- 2019-01-31 Potclays sale week starts 11Feb19
- 2019-01-31 Annie Peaker pottery course places still available
- 2019-01-24 Important Please read - charity status & membership renewal
- 2018-12-13 Developing a studio practice
- 2018-12-13 Craft Scotland Opportunities
- 2018-12-13 Established Maker Programme
- 2018-12-13 Apply for a craft bursary!