Apply for Visual Arts Scotland Open exhibition
VAS’s Open Submission exhibition offers the distinct opportunity for emerging and established contemporary artists, designers and craft makers, members and non-members to showcase new and unseen work in Scotland’s flagship exhibiting venue. Diversity is at the heart of our curatorial vision; we want to explore, challenge and celebrate the boundaries between function, form, materials, embellishment and making. When ideas, skills, expression, and planning are all working and artists are flying, their work has wings and transcends fashion and genres. We intend to harness the very best for our December 2016 annual exhibition. Apply through the open submission to be eligible for the following awards:
The inches Carr Award for Jewellery and Silversmithing £500
Craft Scotland Celebrates Ceramics £500
The Richard Coley Award For Sculptors over 40 £500
The Great Art Award £1000 Great Art vouchers
And many more still to be confirmed!
We are accepting entries NOW and the deadline is 10 October 2016 at 5pm.
Here are some important dates for your diary...
Submissions open Tues 13 September 2016
Deadline for submissions Mon 10 October 2016 @ 5pm
Hand in Sat 26 November 2016
Open to public Sat 3 Dec – Tues 27 Dec 2016
Hand out Weds 28 December & Thurs 29 December 2016
- 2018-12-13 Developing a studio practice
- 2018-12-13 Craft Scotland Opportunities
- 2018-12-13 Established Maker Programme
- 2018-12-13 Apply for a craft bursary!
- 2018-12-13 Register as an expert with the Contemporary Studio Ceramics SSN
- 2018-12-06 Scotclay final clearance sale
- 2018-12-05 Change in your Hands
- 2018-10-25 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Stuart Whatley
- 2018-10-25 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Zahed Taj-Eddin
- 2018-10-25 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Peter Hayes