Woman’s Hour Craft Prize 2017
As part of celebrations to mark the 70th anniversary of Woman’s Hour, the BBC is launching The Woman’s Hour Craft Prize 2017, in association with the Crafts Council and the Victoria and Albert Museum.
The prize will reward originality and excellence in concept, design and process and someone who has demonstrably contributed to craft practice in the last five years.
The prize will be judged by experts in the craft field, with twelve finalists exhibiting their work at the V&A and in a subsequent touring exhibition.
An overall winner will be chosen from the twelve exhibiting finalists and awarded a prize of £10,000 at a ceremony in November 2017
Over the past 70 years Woman's Hour has championed and celebrated both the craft of listeners and of craft practitioners and in that tradition the launch of the prize coincides with the celebrations for their anniversary year.
- 2017-09-06 Opening Up, Moving In, Moving On
- 2017-09-06 Pots in the Byre
- 2017-05-13 UPDATE - Applications due for Milton Gallery 'Still Life' Exhibition Sep17
- 2017-04-10 Marcia Selsor alternative firing workshop at La Meridiana
- 2017-03-06 Annual General Meeting
- 2016-11-06 Support the Anne Lightwood memorial garden
- 2016-11-03 Woman’s Hour Craft Prize 2017
- 2016-09-29 Apply for Visual Arts Scotland Open exhibition
- 2016-09-28 Clay Live
- 2016-07-17 Ceramic Art York: 9-11 Sept