Support the Anne Lightwood memorial garden
We are fundraising for a garden in memory of SPA member Anne Lightwood. Please share our fundraising page and donate if you can.
Ruvuma Development Aid is a charity that Anne Lightwood supported from its foundation in 2000. Over 16 years Anne supported the cause by donating ceramic work to the fundraising art auctions, sponsoring a girl called Anna (something her daughter Jenny is continuing) and organising the very successful fundraising auction of ceramics at the Scottish Potters Spring gathering in 2015.
The NMSE school in Tanzania first opened in 2011 with just two classrooms and a further two classrooms being used as dormitories. Since then we have completed two more large classrooms, developed the admin block with a small library room as well as office spaces, toilet blocks and a large double dormitory. The latest ongoing extension of the project which we hope to complete next year will have three new teaching spaces and a purpose built library. This work will bring the number of classrooms to eight, leaving the second double dormitory still to be built. While it would be good to have a laundry area, a purpose built kitchen and a large hall - the basic essential construction would in place.
As we approach the final phase of building we are developing garden areas and the first, a vegetable garden and orchard, was created this year with the support of a group of volunteers from One Solution led by Gillian Piggot.
Friends of Anne's have suggested creating a flower garden at the school, funded by Scottish Potters, as a memorial garden This is a very fitting tribute in her memory as she was such a great supporter of the project and a very keen gardener herself.
Funds will be raised through donations on an everyclick page which has Ruvuma Development Aid as its nominated charity and with an auction of ceramics at next year's Spring gathering.
You can donate and spread the word by sharing this link: http://www.everyclick.com/spaannesgarden
- 2017-03-06 Annual General Meeting
- 2017-01-12 Apply for Ceramicat and the best of the SPA
- 2016-12-23 Apply to be a Demonstrator Assistant at our Spring Workshop
- 2016-12-01 Cat ceramics pictures to advertise our next exhibition
- 2016-11-20 Ceramicat and the best of the SPA Exhibition
- 2016-11-20 30th November Booking deadline for Spring Workshop March 10th-12th
- 2016-11-06 Support the Anne Lightwood memorial garden
- 2016-11-03 Woman’s Hour Craft Prize 2017
- 2016-09-29 Apply for Visual Arts Scotland Open exhibition
- 2016-09-28 Clay Live