SPA Spring Workshop with Marcia Selsor
Alternative Firings Using Raku Kiln
21-22 May 2016
Marcia will present examples of alternative firing techniques such as Horse Hair and Feathers, Obvara, Saggar fired pots and Foil Saggar Firing.
It is a totally hands on workshop! You will be able to try out all these exciting techniques yourself under Marcias guidance. She wants to achieve that you all go home with an understanding of each process and two pieces or more from each process.
An overall look at applying decoration to pieces in alternative firing processes: carbon marking using horse hair or feathers, and saggar firing, chemical application for foil saggars. Demonstration of cracked surfaces for the Obvara technique.
Do sign up early, we can sense big interest in this workshop that is being held at Moira Freguson’s place in Dunoon, Argyll on the west coast. Members Cost will be £30 for the weekend.
Download your application form and send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2017-11-13 SPACE TO GROW EXHIBITION OPPORTUNITY!
- 2017-11-13 DAS Bursary for Study visit!
- 2017-09-06 Opening Up, Moving In, Moving On
- 2017-09-06 Pots in the Byre
- 2017-05-13 UPDATE - Applications due for Milton Gallery 'Still Life' Exhibition Sep17
- 2017-04-10 Marcia Selsor alternative firing workshop at La Meridiana
- 2017-03-06 Annual General Meeting
- 2016-11-06 Support the Anne Lightwood memorial garden
- 2016-11-03 Woman’s Hour Craft Prize 2017
- 2016-09-29 Apply for Visual Arts Scotland Open exhibition