SPA Spring Workshop with Marcia Selsor
Alternative Firings Using Raku Kiln
21-22 May 2016
Marcia will present examples of alternative firing techniques such as Horse Hair and Feathers, Obvara, Saggar fired pots and Foil Saggar Firing.
It is a totally hands on workshop! You will be able to try out all these exciting techniques yourself under Marcias guidance. She wants to achieve that you all go home with an understanding of each process and two pieces or more from each process.
An overall look at applying decoration to pieces in alternative firing processes: carbon marking using horse hair or feathers, and saggar firing, chemical application for foil saggars. Demonstration of cracked surfaces for the Obvara technique.
Do sign up early, we can sense big interest in this workshop that is being held at Moira Freguson’s place in Dunoon, Argyll on the west coast. Members Cost will be £30 for the weekend.
Download your application form and send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2018-12-13 Developing a studio practice
- 2018-12-13 Craft Scotland Opportunities
- 2018-12-13 Established Maker Programme
- 2018-12-13 Apply for a craft bursary!
- 2018-12-13 Register as an expert with the Contemporary Studio Ceramics SSN
- 2018-12-06 Scotclay final clearance sale
- 2018-12-05 Change in your Hands
- 2018-10-25 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Stuart Whatley
- 2018-10-25 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Zahed Taj-Eddin
- 2018-10-25 Tulliallan Demonstrator - Peter Hayes