The Scottish Potters Association is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO, number SC048850) registered with the Office of the Scottish Charities Register.
The Scottish Potters Association objectives are the advancement of the Arts and Culture and in furtherance of this:
- To promote and encourage the making, appreciation and development of Scottish pottery and ceramic craft, art and culture.
- To provide information and opportunities for communication and collaboration between ceramic makers, artists and the public.
- To work in partnership with other organisations.
- To provide and promote Equal Opportunities such that; the organisation will not discriminate based on race, sex, disability, sexuality, age or based on political, religious or other opinions. As and if required by funders and/or members, the fuller Local Authority Equal Opportunities policies may be adopted.
To meet those objectives, the SPA aims to:
- arrange opportunities for the public:
- to see potters at work;
- to get hands on with clay;
- to see potters work on display;
- run workshops for members;
- organise demonstration events for members;
- organise public exhibitions of members work;
- produce and distribute a map of potters active in Scotland;
- provide financial support in the form of a bursary;
- provide opportunities for members to network.
We are run by members for members and we work to support our members whether they are experienced professionals or just getting started. If you want to know more about our committee, click here.
The SPA is open to anyone with an interest in pottery and ceramics in Scotland including professionals, amateurs/hobby potters and students
We offer workshops, exhibitions and other opportunities for networking throughout the year as well as a quarterly newsletter packed with features about what our members have been up to as well as useful hints and tips. We also get involved in partner events such as Potfest at the Palace and Hey Clay!
Click the image below to open the Scottish Potters Trail Map with details of the studios and galleries of some of our professional members.