Become a SPA member
Members have access to many benefits as part of their membership. Find out more below and join online today.
Log in to your account
If you are a member of the SPA. You may log in here to update your details.
Here you'll find answers to the questions we get asked the most about.
Read some stories from SPA members about why they joined and their experiences as a member.
|Individual Membership - £20 (special reduction from £36 for 2021/22 due to pandemic)||£20.00|
|Senior Citizen Membership (65 and over) - £12 (special reduction from £22 for 2021/22 due to pandemic)||£12.00|
|Students, Apprentices, Interns - £5||£5.00|
Founded in 1974, the Scottish Potters Association (SPA) is a charity (SCIO) which aims to promote all aspects of hand-made pottery and ceramics in Scotland.
We have applied a special recution to memberships for 2021/22 due to the Covid pandemic. Rates for this year will be:
£20 per individual member
£12 per Senior member
£5 per student
Linking Scotland’s geographically remote potters we offer a source of information and advice on everything connected to clay. Our membership includes professional, amateur/hobby potters and students.
Positive benefits to members include:
- Access to our annual residential weekend with national and international guest demonstrators and lecturers
- Regular workshops
- Regular opportunities to network with other Scottish potters
- Illustrated quarterly newsletter with free advertising for members
- Annual members’ exhibition(s)
- Access to the Members' only area of the website with For sale/wanted, Hints and Tips, current year Newsletters available for digital download, useful Links and an Information section
- Your own profile page on our website, use of which is entirely optional.
- Promotion of your classes/courses and events you are involved in on the website and through our various social media platforms.
We welcome overseas members but can only offer a digital copy of the newsletter.
To join as a student, you must provide a photo of your current student ID and must be a full-time student.
To join as an intern or apprentice, you must supply details of the pottery you are attached to and the SPA membership number of your supervising potter. Note that people simply attending pottery classes do not qualify for this category and should join as an individual or senior citizen as appropriate.
Students/apprentices/interns also only receive a digital copy of the newsletter.