Chivas Brothers, a Scotch Whisky company, are in the process of renovating one of their main distillery visitor centres in Scotland and are looking to source some tailor-made clay jars.
Traditionally, these clay jars/pots (see images below) were called whisky flagons and would be used to store and sell whisky in the early 1800s. They were known specifically to be used by smugglers who were illegally trading and transporting whisky in the North of Scotland and taking it to the rest of the UK.
As part of the visitor centre renovation they would like to create an intimate tasting space with these flagons on display around the room. It’s worth noting these will only be used for décor purposes (no whisky or liquid will actually be put inside). Below some images for reference:
If you would be able to create replicas of these jars and the associated costs with doing so. Could you please provide a quote directly to Chivas Brothers for:
- x83 clay pots matching those in the images (of three varying sizes – 340mm X 260mm, 440mm X 260mm & 540mm X 280mm).
- We would probably be looking for 27 small, 28 medium and 28 large.
- Simple custom branding/text on the top of the jar similar to that below
- A basket or woven covering for each jar (if provided, if not please forward any contacts you have which may offer this service).
- Delivery to Glenlivet, Ballindalloch, Scotland by end of March/early April 2021.
They would also be looking to produce samples prior to an order so the quality and product can be assessed beforehand. They have a physical sample of their own, with a basket covering, which they would be able to send for reference.
Anyone with interest should negotiate direct with the company without further involvement from the SPA.
Please contact Owen Martin, Assistant Brand Manager, Chivas Brothers International Ltd,
T: +44 20 8250 1686 M:+44 7827 955027 email:Owen.Martin@pernod-ricard.com